A Work In Progress

Just a writer's block within internet city.
Short Stories, Muses, Reviews and Discussions on Writing




December 6, 2007

Detours and Delays

So what have I been doing? What is my progress? Officially . . . no progress since my last update. I was able to sit down and dedicate a few hours to my chapter outline a week or two ago at the local coffee-shop, but since then the only thing I have been able to do is jot down my ideas on random pieces of paper floating around in my backpack during my daily train commute.

Between the holidays, travel, graduations, more holidays and work it has been pretty impossible to dedicate any real amount of time to my novel. After this week though my schedule will be opening up a bit and I am planning on finishing my chapter by chapter outline by the end of next week. It is a hefty goal, but I should be able to attend to some of this task while I am actually at work since many of my tasks and projects will be wrapping up and slowing down with the coming of the end of the year. I am starting to feel like I am loosing my focus and it is time to buckle down before I loose my vision.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're blog buddies now! how long 'til the book comes out? ;-)

J.David Bodzin said...

Thanks for coming by Stacy! Oh, at this rate maybe never ;) But I am going to work very hard this week to finish my chapter by chapter outline.

Anonymous said...

official blogbuddy lurker, here!

J.David Bodzin said...

Well thanks for stopping by Mr. or Mrs. Lurker. All are welcome here.